Vaccines play an important role in infection prevention and control. They can help keep you and others safe in the workplace, at home, and in public. This course will help you understand how vaccines work, address some common questions, and give you the skills, tools, and resources to have well-informed, respectful conversations about vaccination in the workplace.
- Different types of immunity
- Community protection (also known as herd immunity)
- Managing common side effects
- Common vaccine ingredients and how they are approved
- How to talk about vaccines
Upon completion of the course learners will be able to:
- Explain how vaccines protect the body from a disease.
- Outline how vaccines are a highly effective method to reduce transmission of a disease as part of infection control practices.
- Identify common side effects of a vaccine.
- Outline common vaccine ingredients and the functions they serve.
- Demonstrate a non-judgemental, non-argumentative approach with people who are vaccine-hesitant to build mutually respectful relationships.
This course was developed with funding from the Public Health Agency of Canada.